- This event has passed.
Auction Dinner Fundraiser
Wednesday, April 14, 2021
Sophomore Class Fundraiser During Dinner
The fundraiser has been around for many years and is a great opportunity for you and your friends or your Spring Formal group to have a classy dinner date sometime around Formal. During the auction, students will have a chance to bid on all the dinner options provided by a number of generous faculty and staff. The proceeds from the Auction Dinner Fundraiser are split between The class of 2023’s fund for their senior class gift and the Shield of Roses pro-life club.
Check out our lineup of thirteen options for this year:
- Garden patio, multi-course fine dining experience by Mr. Adam Wilson – (Dinner for 6 – bidding starts at $60)
- A Tex-Mex Fiesta at Marilyn and Dr. Kathleen Sullivan’s house – (Dinner for 6 – bidding starts at $60)
The menu will include, fried avocados and jalapeno poppers for appetizers, a chicken and steak fajitas bar for dinner, and churros and dulce-de-leche for dessert. The date of the dinner can be flexible. Margaritas will be provided and for those under 21 or with food allergies accommodations can easily be made.
- Cigars on the Porch with Fr. Pollard (Hors d’oeuvres for 8 people – bidding starts at $60)
Cigars, drinks and hors d’oeuvres followed by coffee and dessert on the rectory porch in the afternoon or evening. For those under 21, allowances and accommodations can easily be made.
- Cookout at Maribeth’s House! (Dinner for 8 – bidding starts at $80)
Maribeth will have all the classic cookout food (burgers, brats, corn on the cob, etc.), and yard games such as Bocce, Ladder-ball, and Can Jam. Spring Formal Day works well for an afternoon lunch or early dinner, but she’s also available on other dates to work with your schedules. Come and celebrate a kick-off to summer with Maribeth (& Odie!)
- Outdoor Grill & Chill at the Judge’s – (Dinner for 8– bidding starts at $80)
Menu includes grilled meats, delicious sides and award winning desserts! Hosted on the night of Spring Formal (May 1).
- Sunset on the Veranda at Hickson’s – (Dinner for 8 – bidding starts at $80)
The evening will begin with cocktails and appetizers on the front porch, watching the sun set behind the new Chapel, followed by a meal enhanced by wine and, consisting of crab souffle, asparagus spears, specialty salad, rolls and dessert, and enlivened by stimulating conversation.
- A Night in Paris by Prof. Balint (Dinner for 8 – bidding starts at $80)
- Enjoy an authentic French dinner consisting of French cheese, wine, baguettes, pan seared salmon with beurre blanc, beef bourguignon and a magnificent dessert of Decadence au chocolat avec purée de framboise . (See attached menu for more details) This dinner can be scheduled for 6pm on Sunday, April 25th or another weekend if that works better.
- A Farm Picnic by Mr. & Mrs. Stephens (Dinner for up to 10 students – bidding starts at $80)
A farm picnic, including a hayride around the farm, for up to 10 students.
- A Sumptuous Shenandoah Picnic by the McInerny’s (Lunch or Dinner for up to 10 people – bidding starts at $100)
Lunch or an early dinner Saturday, May 1 or another late April or early May weekend date to be determined.
- Mr. McFadden’s Steak Dinner – (Dinner for 8 – bidding starts at $100)
Mr. McFadden will be your personal butler, chef, and bartender, serving you in your own private dining room. Can be used for Spring Formal.
- Drinks – Gin & Tonic & Chocolate Martini
- Appetizers – Bacon-Wrapped Dates, Smoked Salmon Bites, Stuffed Mushrooms
- Entrée –Grilled Steak with Red Wine Sauce, Twice Baked Potatoes,
- Fresh Vegetables, Rolls, Wine
- Dessert – Flourless Chocolate Torte, Coffee, Cordials
- An Irish feast in the Virginia countryside at Tir Connaill by the O’Donnell’s (Dinner for 10 people – bidding starts at $100)
Menu will include smoked Irish salmon, Beef O’Flaherty, potatoes O’Brien, etc. served with the finest wines and ending with a whiskey tasting!
- Smokin‘ with the Stanford’s – (Dinner for 10-20 people – bidding starts at $100)
Your party of 10-20 will enjoy Dr. Stanford’s delectable, hickory smoked, North Carolina-style pulled pork barbecue, replete with Mrs. Stanford’s homemade slaw and tangy sauce. Top it off with your choice of homemade pies: Bourbon Chocolate Pecan or Key Lime. Available on the afternoon of May 1st if desired.
- A traditional 5-course Portuguese feast by the Rohlenas – (Dinner for up to 12 people – bidding starts at $100).
Immerse yourself in old world atmosphere while surrounded by the beautiful vistas of the Blue Ridge Mountains at the Rohlenas’ home, Ponto Belo. Menu can be adjusted, but can include a traditional, delicious marinated beef dish, alcatra, imported cheeses and olives, figs with prosciutto, homemade breads, and a sampling of Portuguese desserts. Excellent wines to go along with this meal for those who can partake.
So if you haven’t already, start getting your dinner groups together and let Makayla Paradis know if you have any questions.